I am new to 3d printing and have hit an issue I am hoping someone can help me with. It maybe that I have a fundamental misunderstanding on how models are created but it would be good to get a definitive opinion.
So my goal is to take an object and put raised text on it to print. My actions were:
- Take object into Tinkercad
- Use Tinkercad text to spell out desired word
- Place word onto surface of object
- Increase depth so text goes into object itself by a few mm
- Use object group/merge so that it becomes a single object
I have done this and the result is as below
You can see the object shows that the text is buried deep into the surface.
However when I print, The letters print on top of the surface and fall off. I have examined the Slicer (Cura) and the preview shows this is caused by separation in the model itself.
Can anyone point me to what I am doing wrong? Any help is really appreciated